Here’s a refreshing recipe for a Greek Yogurt and Blueberry Parfait! It’s a STRONG GIRLS/ATHLETES’ favourite that’s packed with protein (Greek yogurt), antioxidants (blueberries) and good fats (almonds). Try this with other fruits that are rich in antioxidants such as: pomegranates, raspberries, blackberries, strawberries, cherries, goji berries, papayas, mangoes, and watermelon. Enjoy it for breakfast or as a quick snack.
- Measure out the ingredients required (Greek Yogurt, fruit & crushed almonds).
- Alternate spoonfuls of Greek Yogurt and Fruit then top off with crushed almonds.
- If you only have whole almonds you can crush them in a magic bullet.
MEAL PREP TIME-SAVING TIPS:
- Throw everything into small re-usable containers, cap it off with the lid and refrigerate or freeze them. The night before, take them out of the freezer and put them in the fridge to thaw for the next day.
- Get the kids involved in making their snacks for the week. They can put their Greek Yogurt Parfaits together using their favorite fruits. For a nut free version reduce the amount of fruit and add whole grain cereal such as Kashi, instead of the almonds.
- Save money and buy large containers of Fat Free Greek Yogurt for the entire family to enjoy.