If I can tell you one thing, STRONG GIRLS/ATHLETES don’t eat like rabbits. In order to maintain a healthy lifestyle my family has to LOVE the food. It’s been a while since I made this and my hubby requested it for dinner.
My plan calls for the following:
- 85g of Shrimp
- 100g of Brown Rice or 92.5g of Quinoa
- 1-2 Cups of greens
- NOTE: These measurements are based on what my meal plan calls for. Feel free to adjust the amounts based on your nutritional needs.
This makes enough for 2 Adults.
- 2 Packages of Frozen Shrimps (cooked, peeled, deveined, tail-on)
- 1 Tbsp. Coconut Oil (or Olive Oil)
- 1 tsp. Paprika
- 1 tsp. Garlic Powder
- Dash of Sea Salt
- 2-4 cups of Organic Baby Spinach
- Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 1/4 Cup of Brown Rice or Quinoa
- Follow the directions on the package to cook 1 cup of Brown Rice or Quinoa. (Note: If you are using a rice cooker, the ratio of water to grains is 3:1 for Brown Rice or 2:1 for Quinoa.)
- Heat Pan on medium and add 1 Tbsp. of Coconut Oil.
- Open packages of Shrimp and rinse in a strainer, pat excess water using a paper towel then transfer the Shrimps into a mixing bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine Paprika and Garlic Powder, then pour mixture on top of the Shrimps and combine well coating each shrimp.
- Cook the seasoned Shrimp in the pan for about 5 minutes – don’t over cook them or they’ll have a rubbery texture.
- Add spinach and cook for another 1-2 minutes. It looks like a lot but it simmers down to half, you can add more spinach if you wish.
- Squeeze fresh lemon juice all over and dash of Sea Salt.
- Serve with 100g of Brown Rice or 92.5g Quinoa and enjoy! Don’t forget to drizzle the sauce all over the top for added flavor.
Variation: Try it using other greens such as Bok Choy or broccoli.
I hope you enjoy this recipe. Please post pictures on my STRONG BIKINI MOM Facebook Page . If you have any questions or comments, post them below. I would love your feedback.