Thinking of what to make for lunch or dinner this week? Here’s one of my family’s favourite meals. My plan calls for:
- 80g of Chicken
- 150g of Sweet Potatoes
- 1-2 cups of Green Vegetables
- 1 Tbsp. (15ml.) of Coconut Oil
For variety, I used a food substitution app by Lean Bodies Consulting to figure out how much I can substitute one or more of the items. For this dish, I used 186g of Potatoes to substitute the 150g of Sweet Potatoes, and 1 tbsp of Butter – yes, BUTTER! – instead of Coconut Oil for the Mashed Potatoes.
HONEY MUSTARD CHICKEN WITH MASHED POTATOES & STEAMED VEGGIES-makes 5 servings
- 5 Chicken Breasts
- Mrs. Dash Chicken Grilling Blend
- 5 Potatoes (peeled & chopped into large chunks)
- Fresh or Frozen Green Veggies (I used peas and broccoli)
- Sea Salt
- Black Pepper
- Garlic Powder
- 5 Tbsp. Butter (1 Tbsp. per serving)
- 5 tsp. Honey Mustard Sauce (I used Hickory Farms Honey Pineapple Flavoured Prepared Mustard – 10 calories/tsp per serving)
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees and boil a large pot of water.
- Using a foil lined baking dish, place 5 chicken breasts and sprinkle with Mrs. Dash on top. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Peel & cut up potatoes and place in pot of boiling water, boil for 30 minutes on medium heat.
- Strain Potatoes and return to pot and mash it up with a fork or potato masher. Add Butter, then season to taste with Sea Salt, Garlic Powder, Black Pepper and Parsley.
- Use a steamer to cook veggies for 20 minutes. If you don’t have a steamer, you can also cook veggies in the microwave by placing them in a microwavable dish. Add 1 cup of water and cover with microwave dish cover. Microwave for 5 minutes. Careful removing it from the microwave when it’s done. It’s really hot.
Plating the Meal:
- Using a food scale, weigh out your portion of Chicken Breast. In my case that’s 80g of chicken. Slice it up and drizzle with 1 tsp. of honey mustard
- Weight your portion (186g) of mashed potatoes and add to plate
- Add your portion of steamed veggies (1-2 cups)
If you try this dish, take a pic and post it on instagram using the hashtag #strongbikinimommeals.