AVOCADO TUNA SALAD ON RICE CAKES
Try this variation of Tuna Salad made with avocado instead of mayonnaise. I came across a recipe on Instagram posted by @GoingGrainless and it is absolutely delicious. I highly recommend checking out her blog where she posts delicious gluten free recipes at www.goinggrainless.me. I simply adjusted the amount of the ingredients used to fit my macros and served them on Quaker White Cheddar Rice Cakes instead of bread. My hubby loves them for lunch. Instead of rice cakes, try this with a multigrain or gluten-free wraps or crackers.
Combine the following ingredients (yields two servings for one person):
- 1 Can (120g) of Tuna packed in water, drained.
- 70g (1/3 cup) Fresh Avocado
- 1 Celery Stalk
- 1 tbsp. Chopped Red Onions
- Squeeze Fresh Lemon Juice
- Dash of Garlic Powder, Salt & Pepper
- Serve on Two Rice Cakes (I used Quaker White Cheddar flavour)
Nutritional Information for this recipe of Tuna Salad (the amounts in brackets include the two White Cheddar Flavoured Rice Cakes):
- CALORIES: 240 (330 with the Rice Cakes)
- CARBOHYDRATES: 8g (24g)
- FAT: 11g (12g)
- PROTEIN: 17g (19g)
- SODIUM: 301mg (511mg)
Give it a try and let me know what you think!