I know what you’re thinking….and yes you can eat this and get abs! Blueberry Protein Pancake/Waffle is my all-time favorite breakfast. I have it everyday and can’t get sick of it. In fact I look forward to going to bed knowing I get this for breakfast.
- Use Cooking Oil spray to lightly coat the waffle iron or frying pan; I love to use coconut oil.
- Mix 200g egg whites and 1/2 cup oats; I like to use a Magic Bullet, but it’s not necessary
- Add 40g of blueberries and stir; I like to have chunks of blueberries in mine, but if you want to throw it into the batter and mix everything together in a magic bullet that’s just as tasty.
- Pour batter onto waffle iron or frying pan; usually 4-5 minutes is all it takes.
- Enjoy plain or with 1 tbsp. of Maple Syrup or Agave Syrup.
Try these variations:
- For crepes, add up to a 1/4 cup of water to the batter for a runny consistency.
- For a more moist pancake, add 1-2 Tbsp. of water to the batter.
- Use 40g of strawberries, bananas or any other fruits that you love.
- If you prefer them a little sweeter, you can add a packet of Stevia without adding calories.
Make enough for the work week and freeze them in ziplock bags. Pop them into the toaster in the morning and go. I found that making them into pancakes allowed me to size them to fit into a toaster. To make enough batter, simply multiply the ingredients by five for five days worth or seven for an entire week’s worth. Preparing meals in advance guarantees success! “FAIL TO PLAN; PLAN TO FAIL”
(Photo courtesy of Coach Kim of JVB Fitness and Nutrition….for the life of me I could not make a pancake or waffle that was pretty enough to take a picture of.)
STRONG GIRLS’ love their protein pancakes. Give it a try and let me know what you think by posting a comment below.