Here’s another one of my favourite meals. I LOVE Sweet Potatoes. I’m a creature of habit; once I find something I love I stick with it especially if it works for me. Because there are only a handful of ingredients, this recipe makes doing Meal Prep for the week a breeze.
My plan calls for the following items. (You can adjust the portions according to the macro nutrient requirements for your specific goals.)
- 65 g Chicken Breast (Cooked without Oil)
- 120 g Sweet Potato
- 1-2 cups of Green Vegetables
- 1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
These are the ingredients for one dish but you can easily adapt the quantities in this recipe to feed the entire family.
- 3 oz. Chicken Breast
- 1 Large Sweet Potato
- 2 Small Zucchini OR any green veggies
- Fresh Lemon Juice
- Mrs. Dash Grilling Blends for Chicken
- Sea Salt
- Ground Black Pepper
- Coconut Oil (instead of Olive Oil)
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees.
- Use a non-stick baking pan or line pan with foil for easy cleaning.
- Place frozen or fresh chicken breasts on baking pan and squeeze fresh lemon juice all over. Season with Mrs. Dash.
- Peel and cut up Sweet Potatoes and place on a separate non-stick baking pan; season with salt (Option: try seasoning with Paprika too).
- Bake both the chicken breast(s) and sweet potatoes in the oven at 425 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Heat a non-stick pan with 1 Tbsp. of coconut oil and add sliced zucchini, season with sea salt and pepper to taste. Cook for 10 minutes on medium heat.
- Serve and enjoy.
This dish is quick, simple, nutritious and is one of the staple dishes that STRONG GIRLS’ use as part of a Fat Loss Diet.
VARIATION FOR KIDS:
For my kiddies, two out of the three don’t like sweet potatoes so I will usually offer brown rice, homemade fries or mashed potatoes as an alternative. I still offer green veggies; they may or may not eat them but I try to offer veggies so they understand that it’s part of eating a healthy balanced meal.
What are your favourite low-fat chicken recipes?